|Public Procurement: Global Revolution VI Conference, 24-25 June 2013 (Nottingham, UK)
|From Monday, 24 June 2013|
To Tuesday, 25 June 2013
|by ptrepte |
|The University of Nottingham is pleased to announce the forthcoming international conference ‘Public Procurement: Global Revolution VI' which will take place at the East Midlands Conference Centre on the University of Nottingham campus from 24th to 25th June 2013.
This is the 6th in a series of very successful international conferences. It provides a unique chance to network with senior professionals and academics, and to participate in in-depth discussions and hear about new research on current issues in procurement regulation.
The conference will be attended by policy-makers, lawyers and practitioners from around the world, including from the main international organisations involved in procurement regulation, and by the world's leading professors and researchers.
Presentations will, as always, be provided by recognised experts in the field and the speakers will include academics, practitioners and representatives of key organisations involved in public procurement worldwide.
Professor Sue Arrowsmith, Dr Peter Trepte
The key conference themes will examine a wide range of topical issues including:
• Operation and reform of the EU public procurement regime
• Early experiences of the new UNCITRAL Model Law
• Plurilateral Procurement: life after the WTO's revised Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
• Corruption and collusion in procuring: managing the risks
• Defence and security procurement: the challenges of transparency
• Procurement in sub-Saharan Africa
• The regulator as regulated: procurement by the EU institutions
• Electronic procurement for the twenty-first century
• Aid effectiveness and procurement reform
The conference will include, plenary sessions for all delegates, a series of parallel workshops focusing on specific topics of interest to different delegates and poster presentations of current research.
For On-Line Bookings, please click here.
Further details, including programme and speakers, will soon be available at www.nottingham.ac.uk/pprg/events/2012/global-revolution-vi.aspx.
Achilles, c/o 5 Upper Cross Lane, East Hagbourne, OX11 9NE
T/F: +44 (0)1235 512537 E:
The conference is sponsored by the Achilles Group.
Location : University of Nottingham, East Midlands Conference Centre